Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's O Fish ial!

Remember the other day when I shared this picture with you, and told you I had a plan for them??



I got started on my project today and had to share it! This is a project my team found on Pinterest last year, and it is honestly one of the cheapest and cutest things for meet the teacher, if you ask me. I put these goldfish packs out at Meet the Teacher night, along with a folder of information for the parents to take home and some forms for parents to fill out. Here's a peek at how the project turned out last year:

All you need for this is:

  • Individual packs of goldfish crackers. I highly recommend buying these at Sams or Costco for about $8. Here are the ones that I bought.
  • hole punch
  • scissors
  • cardstock or regular printer paper
  • cheapo gift ribbon from Dollar Tree or the grocery store
If you spend any time on Pinterest, you'll come across tons of different labels for this project. Personally, I thought this one from First Grade Blue Skies was the cutest, and it's completely free! She has other grades available on there, too!


You just print out the labels onto your favorite cardstock or printer paper. I wanted these to be sturdy, so I highly recommend using cardstock rather than regular paper. If you do use regular paper, I would glue these onto construction paper, but that will be way more work!

After printing the labels, cut out the circles to the size that you want. I didn't feel like cutting out each little bumpy, so I left a small amount of white around each one. If you have a large circle punch, this would really cut down on the time for this project!

When you're done, punch a hole in the top of each circle and the very top corner of each snack bag. You don't want to make a hole where the actual crackers is, or they will get stale! I intend for mine to look just like the ones above from last year, but I'm using lime green ribbon to tie them all together this year. I thought the green would compliment the orange bag and border, while matching some things in my classroom as well!
The best part of this project (besides being cost effective, hello!) is that you can make these way ahead of time, put them back in the box, and stow away until the day your kids come to meet you. These would be really cute for the first day of school as well!

What do you do when your kids come to Meet the Teacher?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment